Getting ready for take-off?
Planning a trip can be quite time consuming and you most likely spend a lot of time researching the best flight and transport options, best destinations, outstanding adventures, accommodations and travel equipment. Travelling (cheap) takes time and planning ahead!
We want to provide you with a selection of our best travel resources to ease your adventure planning.
- Flight comparison sites: Google Flights, Skyscanner, Kayak, and Momondo
- Flystein: Have an agent beat your price for a small fee with money back guarantee. We have not tried it yet but will on our next Transatlantic flight.
- Hopper App: Track flights and observe the price fluctuation
- WhichBudget: Tells you how much your trip might cost
- Travel Deals: Fly4Free, Urlaubsguru, Urlaubspiraten, Travel Pirates, Travelox, The Flight Deal etc.
- BUT never forget about the budget airlines
- Flixbus: Europe’s bus monopol which expanded enormously and has the biggest bus network. Customer Service is not great though!
- Hellö: new bus line originating in Austria with cheap fares to Germany, Croatia, Italy, etc.
- Megabus: Fares starting from 1$ or 1€
- Greyhound US
- Bold Bus
- Greyhound Australia: Convenient hop on-hop off buses with hilarious drivers
- Eurolines: Travel cheaply through Europe in comfortable buses
- Couchsurfing: Get off the tourist path and dive more into the local culture by staying with locals! Your experience will be much richer than from staying in 5* hotels or even hostels
- Airbnb: Get $25 off your first stay when you sign up here
- Hotels Combined: Great platform to start your search for cheap accomodation
- Booking.com: Has a great deals and a huge network of hostels and hotels
- Agoda: You will definitely find some of the lowest prices on this booking site
- Priceline: Name your own price!
- Hotels Tonight: For your very last-minute bookings
- Lonely Planet eBooks: You don’t want to carry heavy guide books with you? No problem, Lonely planet has you covered. Just buy their PDF versions and save them on your phone, iPad or Laptop and have them always with you!
- Like a local guide: tips from locals, if you ever need a guide in Munich, book me directly and I am happy to show you around here and create a custom tour for you!
- Cool Cousin: network of locals with is expanding drastically to new cities, Munich will soon be up and I am one of their first ‘Cousins’ – get in touch with me or just view my map. Also download the app for when you are on the road.
- Tours by locals: free and paid walking tours around the world
- Free Tours: all kind of tours, guides work for tips
- Wikitravel: offers great advice on city trips
- Buggle: Guides from inside travelers to you, a lot of them are free
Our favorite Travel Books
Our favorite Travel Apps
- Hotel Tonight: Book a room tonight for great discounted prices!
- Yelp: Find bars and restaurants closeby whereever you are
- Tripadvisor: Find ratings to tour agencies, restaurants, bars and more
- Duolingo: Want to learn a new language? Prepare yourself with that useful app!
- Roadtrippers: A usefool tool for creating travel maps
- Hipmunk: Great app to find cheap flights, hotels, cars and more
- Uber: Need a quick ride to the airport? Take Uber for a cheaper taxi fare!
- Hopper: To check on potential flights regularly
- Google Trips: Has potential and can collect your reservations and bookings in one spot